Installation Instructions for the ProSchool v2.06 Update
This update is for version 2.0 of ProSchool only!!! Do not download this
version unless you have already purchased 2.0 or have already upgraded from
1.x. Installing this update into a ProSchool version 1.x system will
cause ProSchool to no longer function properly.
As with any update for any software, it is
always a good idea to make a backup of your system before installing any
updates. This is just a precautionary measure.
Begin by making sure that you really need to download this
update. To check which version you currently have, do the following:
- Run ProSchool.
- Click the Help menu and choose About.
- Check the version displayed below the ProSchool
logo. If it says "2.0", or has an "a",
"b", "c", "d", or "e"
following it, then you should download this update. If it says
anything else, then you should not download this update.
To download and install the update, do the following:
Note for users running ProSchool on a
- Click on the PSCH206.EXE filename
to start the download.
- Save the file in a temporary folder.
- After downloading, run the update. Be sure ProSchool is NOT
running when you do this.
- Enter the folder where ProSchool was installed into. The
default is C:\ProSchol
- Click the OK button. This will begin to extract the
- When you are prompted to overwrite the existing files,
- Open the folder where ProSchool was installed into (the
default is C:\ProSchol) and run the program called PSCHDBINIT.EXE
to complete the update.
- This utility will perform database initialization and
upgrade any database structures.
You only need to install this update on the
computer functioning as the "server".